Pages

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Documents Thus Far

I'm streamlining my data... So far I have shortlisted my sources of documents to the following categoreis

Region: Europe and CIS
Timeframe: Programme cycles that fall between 2005 to 2011
Countries: Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Georgia,  Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Romania, Serbia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan and the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia.

Documents to be analysed:

1. UNDAF
2. CPD (past cycle and on-going cycle)
3. CPAP (past cycle and on-going cycle)
4. ADR (if any) - or - Country Programme Performance Summary (if without ADR)

Given the above list... I am looking potentially at 90 document (1 UNDAF, 2 CPDs, 2 CPAPS, 1 ADR/Summary for each country) already... I'm still deliberating if it will be necessary to look into the additional documents. Aside from the constraint of time and the sheer amount of volume of documents, I've listed my reservations about some of the documents.

  1. Outcome Evaluations - Reservation(s): Not all country programmes have outcome evaluations for the specified period. And only selected outcomes are evaluated. Advantage(s): it would list the projects and outputs that contribute to achieving the outcomes.    
  2. Project documents - Reservations(s): I'm still undecided whether I should look in depth into project documents since I'm looking at the programme level; maybe I could use it as a support. There is a risk that I would look at the thesis on the project level. Advantage(s): since the programme documents (so far) have not given me quality data for risk management, maybe the project documents could give me insights:  
  3. Project evaluations - my reservations and advantages are the same as #2

I guess the question here really is:

Is the country programme documents sufficient to prove a point? If not then I would need to look into project documents.

---
Here are the sources for the documents

UNDP Europe and CIS Country Programme documents (UNDAF and CPD):
http://europeandcis.undp.org/news/show/8EEC429C-F203-1EE9-BB5E744EAA529CF8

ERC Website (UNDAF, Outcome and Project Reports):
http://erc.undp.org/

Assessment of Development Results Reports
http://web.undp.org/evaluation/country-evaluation.html

Also know that... not all country offices would have ADRs, but instead would have a Country Programme Performance Summary. I haven't found a repository... but through persistent search using the keywords "UNDP" and "Country Programme Performance" all the relevant summaries can be found.


No comments:

Post a Comment