Pages

Sunday, May 6, 2012

What am I Doing???

I just read Hillson's article; and I am appalled (maybe crushed or devastated even!).

We wanted to discover the best metrics for determining whether a risk management process is effective, and to find ways of showing a link between risk management and improved bottom-line outcomes.
Basically this is what I want to do with UNDP.

But...
Interestingly, the PMI Research Department felt that it was not possible to design an academic  research project to answer these questions directly, and they decided not to take the idea forward. 
This leaves an important and vexing question for risk practitioners – how do we prove we’re adding value?! 
That leaves me with the question... What am I doing??? Is it even possible to do my thesis???

I'm going to sleep on this... maybe tomorrow I will be in a better mood (less panicked state) to look at this objectively! :(

2 comments:

  1. There is always a way!!!
    If they think that it is not necessary then how about showing them that it is???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Louisa! It is going to be a challenge. But there might be a different perspective to going about this.

      Delete