Pages

Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Day Three: Illogical Shopping and Work Nook

Today is T minus-one for the lockdown. Despite trying not to panic, my housemates and I decided to go for a shopping run. We dropped by New World (supermarket chain) and then to The Warehouse (Home depot-ish type of store).

Things were not as manic as I expected. There were fewer people in New World than a normal busy Sunday. Everyone kept their distance, it's just that the queue to the counter was longer than usual. There was kind of an adrenaline rush getting into the supermarket. I wanted to be as quick as possible, but every time I went through an aisle, my mind just kept telling me that it might be my last chance to buy an item! I know logic dictates that the supermarkets will remain open and stocks continuously filled, so I won't run out of anything! Sadly, logic didn't win this round. I only had set out to buy two items: half-a-dozen of eggs and a box of matches. I came out with a bag of random stuff... and I forgot the eggs!

The Warehouse was also not as packed (despite today being the last day they will be open). They controlled the entry numbers, so we had to queue for a short while to get in. But, I got to buy the chair I needed to set-up my work nook! I cleared some space in my room, and this is officially my designated workplace for the lockdown:


No photos of my dinner tonight, since I just had leftovers from the vegetables I cooked on Day 1 and Day 2.

Tomorrow, the official Alert Level 4 lockdown begins. This means I will be staying at home, and limiting my physical interactions only with my housemates.


No comments:

Post a Comment