Pages

Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Day Two: Establishing Routines

This is a time of adjustment. Each day brings about new changes in how we live! Last week was so different from this, and two weeks ago, everything seemed almost normal (even though it wasn't)!

I find it challenging to work from home. All throughout my PhD, I always worked from the office. Home was where I relaxed and took time off research. But work and home will now merge as we move towards full lockdown in the next 24~ hours.

I need to establish some routines. But planning for them is easier than implementing them! I intended to go for a walk this morning before starting work at home. But lazy me just decided to sleep in until 30-minutes before the first online teleconference call. Ah well... tomorrow, I will try again.

I did get to walk outside today in the afternoon after work. I did a loop walk that took around 50-minutes. It gave me some space to pray and contemplate. On my uphill climb, I prayed the rosary. It felt nice to be outside. But it also felt surreal. Every person I saw on the street seemed normal. But I know where we are now and where we are headed is definitely not normal.

Although a bit sad and scared, I remain hopeful.

Work was busy, I attended a few online meeting. Tested the use of online conferencing tools. I wrote-up a low-risk ethics application. I jotted down minutes from meetings. Nothing too strenuous. Did not get to do some of the tasks I intended. But definitely felt tired at the end of the day.

Day 2 dinner: Stir-fried vegetables with rice (again... but using different veggies).

No comments:

Post a Comment