Pages

Friday, January 20, 2012

Insights on UN Jargon

I had an encouraging talk with Eddie (he is in Sri Lanka now). I got some great insights! To be honest as a new student of programme and project management I get confused with the language at times. And it is particularly harder for me when I am looking at PPM in the UNDP context, because UN likes to rephrase things...

So I had to ask Eddie to clarify... and guess what? In essence PRINCE2®, RBM and POPPs are all the same thing. Well at least that's cleared up!

I should not get too caught up with the names and terminology. But... it's really challenging for me... since I barely understand the basic PPM language. I really have to read up! 

All in all, the online skype meeting ended with a high note. I am more positive now.... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment