Pages

Thursday, April 2, 2020

Day 10: Supermarket Day

Today was the first time I left the neighbourhood and went to the supermarket since the lockdown. It was a strange experience!

I wore a mask, but not a lot of others did. I kept the mask on anyway, I think it's best to be precautious. The supermarket wasn't crowded but we had to queue to get into the store. The wait wasn't too long, just around 15 minutes. Since they are limiting the number of people in the supermarket, it didn't feel crowded at all.

New things I noticed:

  • A squirt of hand-sanitizer is provided before entering the store
  • The handlebars of the trolleys are sanitized
  • The staff member gave a few instructions. First, they reminded us to keep distance between each other. Second, advised wiping the products when we get home.
  • The narrower aisles were one-way traffic only
  • Markers on the floor on the way to the till to remind customers to keep distance.
  • We have to pack our own bags
  • Another squirt of hand-sanitizer provided after checking-out
  • I think the price of goods is higher (but I have no concrete proof of this).
All in all, it was a pleasant but strange experience.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad that they are taking precautions. Take care, keep safe and stay healthy. Be prayerful and God bless you always.

    ReplyDelete