Pages

Thursday, April 30, 2020

Day 38: Acknowledging my PhD in Twitter

I attended a women's online session, a chit chat with mentors and peers on navigating academia with special focus on acknowledging out COVID19 situation. One of the common themes from this pandemic is that we have to forego some of the plans and celebrations we were anticipating this year.

Birthdays, planned trips, thesis submission, defence, graduations, weddings etc. Some of these have to be postponed or conducted within the premises of our homes. For me, I know there was no clear transition from being a student to working as a post-doc researcher. It just sort of happened as the levels of lockdown was changing while I was defending, submitting, and completing.

So to commemorate a personal acknowledgement of my accomplishment, last night I put "Dr" in front of my Twitter name. I had an overwhelming response online! Thank you twitterverse for being supportive and awesome.


1 comment:

  1. Nice ring to it, Dr. Marion Lara Tan, Phd. Hehehe. Proud of you and love you always. God bless you in all your endeavors.

    ReplyDelete