Pages

Saturday, April 11, 2020

Day 20: Musings from my daily walk

Twentieth of March, my birthday, was the day we last (physically) interacted with someone outside our 3-person household. It's almost three weeks since we started isolating ourselves from the world outside our 'bubble'. In a way, stress levels are no longer as high as pre-lockdown. We have settled into this new normal. We are a little past half-way through the level-4 lockdown, in this lockdown reality we know what is expected out of us, and we manoeuvre around it.

One of my new routines is my daily walk. During my 45-minute stroll, I pray with special intentions regarding the COVID19 situation, I try to not use social media, and I reflect on what's happening around us. I ask questions that don't have any answers yet.

What will life be like after the lockdown?
Should I continue to work from home?
When will borders open again?
What is the situation in the Philippines?
How are my siblings, my parents, and Marion?
What's next for them in Cebu, Cotabato, and Manila?
When will I be able to visit the Philippines?
What's next for me if borders will become tighter?
What about the future, beyond the next few months?
... and so on ...

I have read many articles describing what post-level-4 lockdown life will be like. One thing is for sure, it won't be back to the way things were. As we leave lockdown, I anticipate that there will be some relief that we get to move about more freely. But I also expect a spike in stress and anxiety. For now, we can take some rest midway through this lockdown. Things will be still and constant for another two weeks. Then we go forward again into the unknown.

I wish everyone a restful and joyful Easter.



Stay safe and stay home!






1 comment: