Pages

Monday, April 6, 2020

Day 14: Start of Holy Week

I'm trying my best to keep up with the daily blogging. I do miss a few days where I don't write anything down for more than 24 hours. But I ensure to write something about the day post-hoc.

Day 14 -- Palm Sunday. It's strange to start the Holy Week knowing that I will not be attending any church activities. This is the holiest of all weeks in the church calendar, and not being able to participate with physical presence is just weird.

But the recent events has shown that we adapt and make meaning in different ways. This Palm Sunday was the third Sunday that I 'attended mass' with my sister in the Phillippines. The priest mentioned that maybe there is good out of this COVID19 situation. Oftentimes, we may get too busy with the externalities of the Holy Week, we are busy preparing and making sure that we attend this event or practice that custom. This 2020 Holy Week will be a quiet one, but it's in this stillness that we can reflect more deeply. Why do we do what we do? What's the meaning behind our customs and practices? We can follow Christ's passion, death, and resurrection with solemn contemplation without the distraction of externalities.

I pray for a blessed Holy Week for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment