Pages

Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Day 31: Visa granted!

Just tonight, I received an email from Immigration New Zealand. My heart skipped a beat, it was an automated email saying that a file has been uploaded related to my application. I thought they might need extra documentation, or that I missed providing pertinent information. But when I logged in to the website and clicked on the new document, it showed that my post-study open work visa was approved! They granted me three years.

I didn't expect that they would process my application so quickly, given the COVID19 situation. Expiring temporary visa holders were given a blanket extension until September. So technically there was no pressure on my end to quickly apply for the post-study work visa. But I lodged my application as soon as I got confirmation that I completed the requirements for the PhD. I did not want to get stuck in any backlog.

Thank God for all the blessings. I am very happy that the visa was processed and approved so quickly.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! And thank God so much for the working visa. God bless you always. Love from papa and mama

    ReplyDelete