Pages

Saturday, April 25, 2020

Day 34: Still adjusting with the PhD title

I gave a short presentation this week to a group of PhD students. It's always a pleasure to be able to share a bit about my research. They asked me questions about my PhD journey and I had lots of insights to share from my experience. In all this, I think it is pretty surreal that I really have completed my PhD journey.


In the middle of this pandemic, and despite busying myself with work, I have accomplished what I had set out to do four years ago. I guess the strange thing with this there was no demarcation of the transition because my transition was superseded by the need to adapt to the lockdown situation because of COVID19. I am a PhD. I need to own it, even in small things. My supervisor even told me to put the title in my email signature!




1 comment: