Pages

Monday, April 20, 2020

Day 29: People-centric technology

I’m glad that people-centric technology is part of the COVID-19 conversation in Aotearoa New Zealand. This clip is taken from the 19 April daily update all-government response press conference. Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern highlighted that citizens' uptake is one of the challenges in implementing a successful contact tracing app. Technology should be supplementary. People first then technology.


I see that my PhD research is becoming more and more relevant. I want to highlight some key insights from my published work:
There are many research questions with COVID-19 and apps. Topics could be on trust, acceptability, usability, usage, ethics, etc. Definitely keen to pursue research in enhancing resilience through understanding the intersection between human behaviour and technology during disasters.

No comments:

Post a Comment